Support for Connecticut’s Financial Services & Insurance Industries
“Number one was a very pro-business attitude exemplified by those in the state government. Second was easy access to intellectual capital, great people with a strong work ethic. Third was access to transportation. We’re only a hop, skip and a jump to major airports and Manhattan.”
- The Navigators Group CEO Stan Galanski on relocating their headquarters from New York to Stamford.
Connecticut offers support for financial services and insurance companies looking to grow within the state. As demonstrated by the experience of CEO Stan Galanski, the state’s pro-business attitude makes it incredibly attractive. Beyond state-level assistance, organizations like Connecticut Insurance and Financial Services (CT IFS) are actively working to strengthen and support the industry.
Connecticut offers a wide range of technical support and business development services for insurance and financial services companies.
- Search loan and grant programs for small businesses through DECD
- Access state, federal, and local funding and technical assistance for minority-owned businesses
- Find programs for business attraction, formation and expansion, including support for licensing and permitting and site location
- Tap into an initiative of 32 companies working to encourage business attraction and retention, workforce recruitment and education, and public awareness of the industry’s critical economic importance
- Get technical assistance and access to capital through revolving loans, incentive-driven loans and matching grants
- Find resources to stimulate high-tech growth in Connecticut
- View loans and technical assistance for small businesses, and grants to community organizations for economic development projects
- Access financial expertise and practical guidance for small business entrepreneurs in Connecticut
- Increase capacity, gain efficiency and get better results in your business
- Accumulated Tax Credit Expansion Program
- Corporate Business Tax Credit
- Sales & Use Tax Exemption
- Insurance Reinvestment Fund
- Human Capital Tax Credit
Cultivate Talent/Find Jobs
- Participate in the upcoming Get Hired career fair, the largest of its kind in the state
- Build skills at Actuarial Boot Camp
- Associate degree programs in insurance and financial services at Capital Community College and Norwalk Community College