Connecticut Has Film & Digital Media Talent
Connecticut is passionate about its commitment to supporting digital media innovation.
From ESPN and NBC Sports Group to ITV America and other media pioneers, the state is home to hundreds of production and post-production facilities, studios, game designers, software developers and more. Just as important, the skills and services you need are close at hand within the state.
Strategically located along the Northeastern I-95 technology corridor, Connecticut is home to some of the nation’s top universities and boasts a technology ecosystem that includes access to venture capital, partners, incubators, industry associations and a talent pool that ranks as one of the top in the United States.
- #1 in Digital Economy (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #3 in Managerial, Professional and Technical Jobs (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- 20,900 tech sector workers in Connecticut
- 1,607 new media companies are located in the state
- $1.3 billion is spent by film, television and digital media companies annually
- 4,000 workers employed by Disney’s ESPN
- 43% industry job growth from 2010 - 2018
- 75% of Connecticut’s digital exports are from cable & subscription programming
The State of Connecticut offers extensive resources for digital media and film companies of all types and sizes. For full information regarding producing in Connecticut, visit the Film & Digital Media section of CT.gov.